Want to share this infographic? Just use this!
Have you ever found yourself just looking into a mirror, thinking, “I wish my hair would grow faster”? Yes, most of us have been there. Maybe your stylist cut your hair too short, or perhaps you miss doing those cinematic hair flips, or you are possibly recovering from hair loss. Whatever your reasons for wanting your hair to grow faster, it is valid, and we are here to help.
While we want to incite joy and excitement, let us be honest: getting long and healthy hair does not happen straight away. There is also no magic potion that will grant you the lengthy, luscious locks you desire (and deserve). And if you do find one that says that it does, do yourself a favor and slowly back away from it. Products that promise instantaneous health results are sketchy at best, and you are better off with tried and tested solutions.
Understanding Our Natural Hair Growth
Since our inception, we already possess all the hair follicles we will ever have in our entire lifetime. There are around five million hair follicles in the body, and approximately 100,000 of those are right on our scalp. As we age, some of these follicles stop producing hair. That is why most people experience hair thinning or total baldness when they get older (apart from other hair loss causes).
Hair naturally follows a growth cycle, and these strands grow at an average of 1/2 inch per month. In the whole year, that is about six inches in total (yes, we are pretty bummed about this fact, too). But you might know of some fortunate people who possess faster hair growth than you do. And that is because the rate of one’s hair growth also depends on your:
- specific hair type
- overall health
- other health conditions
Aside from the natural factors above, getting your hair to grow faster involves tweaking certain aspects of your lifestyle. Here are some essential practices to help you get started on your hair growth journey.
What You Should Do
Keep up with your diet and supplements.
- While hair growth is a natural process, it requires a bit of energy to make this happen. Your body could use all the help it can get to facilitate faster and healthier hair production. Help it along by ensuring you get all the vitamins and nutrients you need from your diet.
- Taking supplements like biotin, keratin, collagen, and others may help, too. But it is best to consult with your doctor first to be sure that these will not affect you negatively (or counteract with other medications you may be taking).
End your showers with cold water.
- Showering with cold water is excellent for increasing circulation and closing up your hair cuticles (which make for better absorption of your hair product’s nutrients). If this is something you cannot handle, opt for lukewarm water instead.
Indulge in a scalp massage.
- Further increase circulation in your scalp by giving it a massage. There are several natural oils you can use to add more nutrients to your hair and scalp. These include coconut oil, castor oil, argan oil, etc.
- But if you want to speed up your hair growth, we recommend massaging your scalp with our Hair Growth Serum instead. It has all nutrients your scalp could ever need plus all the hair growth benefits.
Get frequent trims.
- While this sounds contradictory, you need to trim your hair every 10-12 weeks or so to get rid of dry, damaged split ends. Ignoring those split ends will cause them to work their way up the hair shaft and cause even more breakage.
Use the best hair care products.
- All your haircare efforts will go to waste if you use products that contain harsh chemicals. Always go for all-natural and vegan ones like our Hair Strength Shampoo and Hair Recovery Conditioner. These two will help you grow your hair faster and keep them strong and healthy, too. We’ve also formulated the third step in our hair care routine - the Hair Growth Serum. Made of all-natural, good-for-you ingredients, it stimulates hair growth by resetting the hair follicle, nurturing hair and scalp, and increasing hair density. Together, these three products will reduce hair loss and help us achieve a head full of hair.
What You Should NOT Do
Restrict and stress yourself.
- Think twice about going on restrictive or crash diets and cleanses. These cause your body to undergo unnecessary stress from adapting to these changes and not getting the nutrients it needs to function correctly.
- It will help if you manage your stress levels, too. Significant stress causes a large number of your hair follicles into a resting phase. Hair shedding from stress can also go on for months.
Excessively styling or coloring your hair.
- You may want to limit your heat and chemical hair treatments for apparent reasons. These treatments will only cause your hair to be dry and brittle in the long run. But since you are already making better lifestyle changes, you may find that you will need these treatments less overtime.
Maintain your vices.
- As if you need another reason to stop smoking, studies show that smoking causes hair loss. Cigarette smoke contains plenty of toxic chemicals that cause your blood vessels to shrink, blocking the blood circulation in your hair follicles.
Brush your hair when wet.
- Your hair is extra vulnerable and prone to breakage when it is wet. Leave it to airdry first, or use a wide-tooth comb when you want to detangle your locks.
Avoid seeking help.
- If these lifestyle tweaks do not seem to be working for you or are suffering from sudden or excessive hair loss, you need to seek medical attention right away. Your doctor can diagnose and help treat the cause of your hair loss.
Achieving longer and healthier hair faster cannot happen in a matter of days or a couple of weeks. Due to several natural conditions (such as age, hair type, overall health, other health conditions), speedier hair growth still takes considerable time.
One can always help speed up the process by adapting to several healthier changes in one’s lifestyle. Eating a balanced diet, applying proper hair care practices, and using the best hair products are some of the ways you can do to get the long locks you desire double time!