Why Your Eyelashes Fall Out or Aren’t Growing
One reason is lousy makeup habits. Make sure you follow up with a mild cleanser after taking off your makeup with cleansing oil or a makeup wipe. According to ophthalmologists, scrubbing your eyelashes too hard is not the reason why they fall out; it’s the makeup that gets trapped in between your lashes that causes them to break. Contrary to popular belief, massaging your eyelashes with a mild soap can maintain the health of the eyelash follicle.
Keep reading to learn more about how you can grow and nourish your eyelashes naturally.
Perhaps one of the most popular hair-growing remedies, this beauty elixir has kept its reputation of promoting hair growth. Applying castor oil on the lashes every day can give you thicker, healthier eyelashes and prevent them from breaking or falling out. Use a cotton tip and do it every morning and night.
Olive oil has a ton of uses that go beyond the kitchen. It is rich in essential fatty acids that act as emollients, moisturizing your eyelashes. It also strengthens hair follicles and makes your lashes longer and stronger. The best way to use olive oil is to get a clean spoolie and brush the product onto your lashes.
Eyelash Growth Serum
You have probably come across a variety of eyelash serums that claim the same thing, but have you tried something that actually worked? The thing is, you have to be mindful of the ingredient list to find the most effective serum on the market.
Scandinavian Biolabs’ Eyelash Growth Serum uses an all-natural and unique formula that is clinically proven to increase the growth of lashes. Its multi-peptide Bio-Pilixin® formula works to produce new eyelashes by soothing and nourishing the follicles, expanding each eyelash’s diameter, and creating a protective layer around each hair. It also effectively reduces eyelash loss by strengthening the integrity of your eyelashes inside and out.
Vitamin E Oil
Another holy grail product in the beauty world, vitamin E oil, has long been used to promote hair growth, including the eyelashes. To use, carefully pierce a vitamin E capsule and extract the oil. Gently massage onto your lashes for 5 to 10 minutes daily. Doing this helps with blood circulation and encourages better hair growth.
Before you buy bottles of this wonderful supplement, it is important to note that biotin will not be as effective if you have other vitamin or mineral deficiencies (iron, vitamin B12, vitamin D, etc.). Having a healthy body both inside and out will guarantee optimal hair growth, including your eyelashes.
Another great natural oil that you might have in your kitchen is coconut oil. It is gentle enough to be used around the eye area, making it completely safe to include in your beauty regimen. The moisturizing properties of coconut oil help trap protein in your eyelashes and prevent them from breaking or falling out. Coconut oil also boosts softness and strength.
Like coconut oil, shea butter is another natural ingredient that is known for providing intense hydration. It works to make your eyelashes grow long and strong. Shea butter is packed with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties that help prevent damage caused by free radicals in the environment. It also increases collagen production, which contributes to the overall health of growing thicker and healthier lashes.
Maintaining Eyelash Growth and Preventing Future Eyelash Loss
Making small changes to your daily habits can make a huge difference in the long run, especially when you are trying to grow beautiful and healthy eyelashes. These lifestyle changes may include:
- Switch out your old mascara. Your old mascara might be doing you more than good. There are plenty of waterproof and non-waterproof mascaras on the market today that have safer and more natural ingredients.
- Be more gentle when removing makeup. This means you need to avoid rubbing or tugging at your eyelashes to prevent any fallouts. Use a softer hand and apply less pressure when removing makeup, especially around the eye area.
- Always take your makeup off before bed. Speaking of makeup removal, this is a sacred rule in any beauty routine. When you don’t remove all the makeup that’s left on your face, particularly stubborn waterproof mascara, your lashes might become more prone to breakage.
- Throw out your eyelash curler. These beauty tools might cause your lashes to fall out if you misuse them. Instead, look for curling mascaras that can hold your eyelashes up for hours without using a curler.
- Carefully remove falsies or lash extensions. How many times have you lost eyelash hair because of careless tugging? Avoid future fallouts by using a gentle, oil-based cleanser to remove them.
- Eat a healthy diet. Good nutrition also supports eyelash growth, so while you take multiple vitamins and supplements, be sure to eat your greens too! Fruits and vegetables rich in vitamins A and C encourage eyelash growth by supporting cell and collagen production. Examples are avocados, berries, and yellow fruits.
- Use an all-natural, scientifically-tested and proven eyelash growth serum. Not all eyelash growth serums are created equal. Some may do you more harm than good. Users report suffering from changes in their cornea’s color and discoloration around the eyes upon using eyelash serums. Hence, we’ve developed an all-natural, 100% vegan eyelash growth serum. No nasties, only good stuff that enhances the natural appearance of eyelashes.