Let's dive in to what is the best serum for hair growth.
In skincare, we know better than to skip the serum. It’s a powerhouse formulation, packed with all the powerful active ingredients you need for healthier, better skin.
In hair care, hair growth serums are formulated to work pretty much the same way—however, it’s a step in our hair care routines that we tend to overlook (most of us tend to go the shampoo + conditioner route and are content to leave it at that).
- Worst Substances Found in Hair Styling Products
- Our Serum Won Scandinavian Best Hair Treatment of 2020!
- How To Grow Hair Faster For Men?
What is a hair growth serum?
Due to its appearance and consistency, hair serum is often mistaken for hair oil—though the latter is formulated to deliver only surface-level protection. A liquid-based treatment made from silicone that provides a protective layer over the hair fiber, hair serum is most often associated with smoothing and taming frizz and giving hair a shiny finish.
That isn’t the full picture, though. Aside from frizz taming, there’s a bit more to unpack with regard to hair serum. Just as with everything hair-related, this product is formulated in such a way that it can help address specific concerns.
Some add shine; others deal with those pesky split ends. Some preserve the vibrance of colored hair; others make curls extra bouncy. Some protect against damage, and others promote hair growth.
How does hair growth serum work?
Hair loss—whether temporary or permanent, whatever its cause—is a common condition. There are plenty of ways to treat it, with some methods being more intensive than others. For those who may be wary of taking medication or undergoing hair transplant surgery but still want to opt for a technique backed by scientific research and development, hair growth serums are a viable solution.
Most hair growth serums are formulated with Minoxidil, a drug used to treat high blood pressure. Approved by the FDA, it is available for purchase as a prescription medication in oral tablet form and over-the-counter medication in topical form. Now widely used as a hair loss treatment, it helps widen blood vessels and open potassium channels, allowing more oxygen and nutrients to reach the follicles.
Follicles in the telogen phase are then shed, resulting in thicker hairs in the anagen phase, consequently improving hair growth. However, it must be used indefinitely to sustain its effects and is proven to be less effective when the area of hair loss is too large.
Other serums contain Dihydrotestosterone DHT blockers. A hormone similar to testosterone thought to cause hair loss in both men and women, DHT can shrink hair follicles and shorten the production cycle, resulting in hair growing out thinner and more brittle. Blockers prevent DHT from binding to the 5-AR receptors, including those in the hair follicles.
What is the best hair growth serum?
Scandinavian Biolabs presents a safe and effective, all-natural, 100% vegan solution to hair loss. The first step in the 3-Step Hair Growth Routine, the Hair Growth Serum For Men and Women functions as epigenetics reset for the follicular cell cycle.
These products are formulated with key active ingredients that block inhibitors such as invasive hormones while supplying the much-needed nutrients to the scalp. Safe for sensitive scalps and suitable for all hair types, it does not come with any possible side effects that drugs such as Minoxidil may have. Capilia Longa, one of its key active ingredients, is considered the natural version of Minixodil. It is also proven to grow new hair more rapidly by 8%.
Due to its formulation, the Hair Growth Serum is proven to reduce hair loss within 45 days, with new growth visible after 90 days. Full effect will be apparent after 150 days of daily use. Effectivity and duration to reach optimum efficacy vary from person to person, depending on how receptive they are to the formulation. For some, it may take effect quickly; for others, the opposite.
In addition, the Growth Serum is an effective product for Afro-textured hair. Thick and kinky and often with a tight coil, its unique characteristics, unfortunately, make it prone to damage and breakage. Hence, a certain level of specialized care is required.
African American women, in particular, find themselves contending with thinning hair and hair loss. Aside from scheduled washes, frequent use of conditioner and heat protection products, and being careful with tight hairstyles (braids, cornrows, and weaves), both African American men and women will benefit from adding the all-natural Growth Serum to their hair care regimen.
Active ingredients include:
- Aloe Barbadensis, which promotes hair moisture and overall health;
- Capilia Longa, which promotes hair follicle regeneration;
- Niacinamide, which helps reform damaged hair by stimulating keratinocyte and counteracting NADP deficiency; and
- Vanilla Butyl Ether, which conditions and strengthens the hair while revitalizing the scalp.
Directions for use are as follows:
- Fill pipette and tilt head back slightly. Apply 2-3 drops directly on the scalp.
- Gently massage the serum into the scalp using your fingertips.
- Do not wash out the serum. Instead, leave it to settle for at least 6 hours.
- Rinse hands after use.
- This must be applied once daily to receive optimum results.
- 6 hours is the minimum leave-on time; it is safe to exceed this timeframe.
- The Growth Serum is intended for adults. Do not use it on children.
- Users may experience a brief tingling sensation upon application. This is due to the heating agent, HotFlux, which helps stimulate blood flow in the scalp. Tingling can last from 30 seconds to 5 minutes but will disappear. Intensity will weaken over time as the scalp gets used to the serum.
- The serum is formulated with safe ingredients to reduce risks. Any side effects from use may be due to preexisting conditions.
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women are recommended to consult with their care specialist before purchase.
Hair growth serum is a powerhouse product that should not be overlooked. Much like in skincare, it is formulated to penetrate the scalp with all the key active ingredients we need for thicker, stronger, and healthier hair.
Unlike other commercialized hair growth serums, Scandinavian Biolabs Hair Growth Serum For Men and Women has none of the harmful side effects, as it was developed with all-natural, 100% vegan ingredients. Safe for all hair types, it is proven to reduce hair loss within 45 days, with full effect apparent after 150 days of daily use.