Having a low hairline can be weird, confusing and off-putting. But, have you ever wondered whatis it, why it happens and how you can fix your low hairline?
- Uneven Hairline: Why It Happens & Should You Worry?
- 8 Effective Ways How To Remove DHT From Scalp
- Does Minoxidil Work For A Receding Hairline?
What is a low hairline?
Hairlines that generally start near the eyebrows are considered low. Low hairlines in women give the impression of a narrow or small forehead. Likewise, men in their early ages also have low hairlines due to not having experienced any hair loss yet.
Since hair loss can occur in both men and women, which can lead to receding hairlines, having a low hairline may well be an advantage. A low front hairline is a distance between the eyebrows and the hairline.
In other words, it is more than two standard deviations below the mean. Even without measuring this distance, it may be evident to the eyes if the hairline was lower than standard.
Why does a low hairline exist?
It is a fact that a low hairline is a part of various types of hairlines that both men and women can inherit through the factors mentioned above, for example, widow’s peak in women and mature hairline in men.
What medical conditions are associated with low hairline?
Low hairlines are rarely a need for concern. However, there are a few medical illnesses that can cause a low hairline.
For example, People of all ages, gender, and ethnicity with low hairlines can be diagnosed with the Cornelia De Lange (CDL) Syndrome. It is a genetic disorder that is present from birth. It is so rare that it is not diagnosed at birth, making it difficult to treat the syndrome later on in life.
Symptoms associated with CdLS can be thick eyebrows often joining above the nose, being physically disabled, mentally impaired, and often having a small stature due to slow growth. This syndrome directly results from the alteration of some genes in the human DNA.
How can you fix a low hairline?
- Laser hair removal
- Plastic surgery
Low hairlines are not tough to alter into other types of hairlines that are preferable. Mentioned below are some of the general techniques used by people:
- Laser hair removal:
- Plastic Surgery:
Attending medical spas or getting plastic surgery on your hairline is also feasible.
But the takeaway is that these procedures are not cheap, not to mention prices may vary from place to place. Furthermore, several sessions for these procedures may be required. So if you have funds to spare, you can opt for any of the latter three options.
To conclude, low hairlines are common in individuals. They are just a part of a vast spectrum of hairlines that exist out there. But there are some underlying illnesses and disorders which are associated with low hairlines.
If they do not get diagnosed early on, it can lead to complications later in life. Lastly, suppose an individual feels like they might be experiencing issues with their hairline.
In that case, they can have many options available for altering hairlines into something more appropriate for the individual.
- Deardorff MA, Noon SE, Krantz ID. Cornelia de Lange Syndrome. 2020 Oct 15 [cited 2021 Sep 10]; Available from: https://europepmc.org/article/NBK/nbk1104?client=bot
- Cornelia de Lange syndrome [Internet]. [cited 2021 Sep 10]. Available from: https://rarediseases.info.nih.gov/diseases/10109/cornelia-de-lange-syndrome#:~:text=Cornelia%20de%20Lange%20syndrome%20(CdLS,intellectual%20disability%20and%20limb%20defects.
- Stone S. How To Reshape Your Hairline [Internet]. AEDIT; 2019 [cited 2021 Sep 10]. Available from: https://aedit.com/aedition/surgical-and-non-surgical-procedures-to-reshape-the-hairline