What are DIY eyelash growth serums, and why are women crazy about these home remedies for thinning eyelashes? Here are some essential tips related to the current eyelash growth serum trend to help you grow fuller and longer eyelashes using the DIY eyelash growth serum at the comfort of your home.
Hate reading? Skip to recipe.
- Is Salt Water Good Or Bad For Your Hair?
- Collagen For Hair: Does It Work?
- Does Washing Hair Everyday Cause Hair Loss?
Why do you need longer eyelashes?
The eyelash is considered the curtain to the soul; therefore, fuller and longer eyelashes are essential for healthy eyes. In addition, the eyelash protects the eyes from dust, sand, and debris that can pose a severe threat to your eyes.
In addition to serving as a defense, fuller and longer eyelashes give every woman’s face an instant and absolute lift.
Whether you’re going out on a date or having a small talk, having fuller and longer eyelash always gives a brighter look and help boost your self-confidence.
How safe is this DIY eyelash growth serum?
Yes, it is safe! Like most people trying out new products, mainly a topical product like the eyelash growth serum, cosmetic safety is a significant concern.
The FDA approves the use of eyelash growth serum for topical use with a few warnings. Although eyelash growth serum can cause a limited adverse reaction after use, mild reactions such as itchy red eyes, reduced eyes pressure, darkening of the skin around the eyelid, and increased pigmentation of the iris are some of the most common possibilities.
However, as the DIY eyelash growth serum is made from natural ingredients, it's less likely to develop such side effects.
Conscious application of your homemade DIY eyelash growth serum is also key to its safety. While hoping for a great result, applying with a great awareness of the consequent is quite essential.
Why should you try a DIY eyelash growth serum?
Apart from the financial implication of conventional lash cosmetics, DIY eyelash growth serum offers an affordable answer for more extended and fuller eyelashes. Here is a list of some of the common causes of thin and longer eyelashes.
- Advanced age: This is the most common cause of lashes loss seen in men and women of advanced age.
- Hormonal imbalance: Imbalance in thyroid hormone can result in lost hair in the body, including the eyelash
- Chemotherapy: Patients on drugs against cancer can also experience loss of hair around the body, including losing their eyelashes.
- Poor face hygiene: Certain attributes such as sleeping over the night with makeup on can cause loss of eyelash
- Handling your eyelash roughly
- Use of poor eyelash extension
- Reaction to certain medicine
It’s important to note that this is not purely elusive, and a visit to your doctor may be necessary if you experience an unusual loss of hair, skin, including your eyelash.
DIY Eyelash Growth Serum Vs. Eyelash Extension:
The cost of eyelash extensions is usually higher than the cost of eyelash growth serums. However, after only a few weeks of applying eyelash growth serums religiously, your makeup gets a permanent improvement.
Compared to the declining interest in lash extensions, eyelash growth serums have been hitting the market for a good reason. Most women now consider using eyelash growth serums because they believe that growing their lashes is less expensive than having lash extensions renewed.
While eyelash extensions cause your lashes to fall out faster, eyelash growth serums can prolong the telogen phase of your lashes by lengthening the time between growth and fall out. This way, you won’t have to worry about how you look when they begin to fall out.
Lashes resulting from a religious use of eyelash growth serums can also look more natural than eyelash extensions, depending on which one you choose. Eyelash growth serums containing Biotin and Castor Oil extracts are excellent for promoting natural lash growth.
If you’re looking for an eyelash growth serum, do your homework first because some contain potentially harmful chemicals.
What is an alternative to DIY eyelash growth serum?
While it's not strictly DIY, it's safe, tested, and guaranteed to be effective.
We - Scandinavian Biolabs - teamed up with top Danish pharmacists to formulate and test our all-new vegan, cruelty-free, and made-in-Denmark Eyelash Growth Serum.
The naturally-derived active ingredients we work with - Capilia Longa, Caffeine, and Biotin - are scientifically proven to grow hair. You can see new, natural eyelash improvements within 4 to 6 weeks.
In case you don't, worry not, your money's not going down the drain. We offer a 150-day money-back guarantee on all our products. If it doesn't grow, it doesn't cost you.
How to safely test the DIY eyelash growth serum?
Before applying the DIY eyelash growth serum, you should check to ensure you are not allergic to the substances used to prepare the remedy. One of the best ways to determine any possible allergy is to conduct patch tests before proceeding.
You can try the most common patch test by rubbing a few drops onto your inner arm or inner elbow and observe for 48 hours for signs of reactions.
Although the outcome of patch text does not guarantee the safety of eyelash growth serum, they have a great value to inform users of the tolerance to the constituent of their eyelash growth serum.
Preparations for the DIY eyelash growth serum
It’s effortless to make yourself a bottle of top-graded eyelash growth serum at the comfort of your home with only a few essential ingredients that are available online.
Here is a list of items you might have to put together as you journey into preparing your eyelash growth serum.
- Small glass tube and reusable eyelash wand brush: You might want to think of a Mascara bottle as a perfect fit for the job. It contains the glass tube containing the eyelash growth serum and an ideal mascara ward for application.
- Essential oil: While the choice of oil you need to make your DIY eyelash growth serum is based on your tolerance for each oil, a list of common essential oils includes.
- Castor oil,
- Coconut oil,
- Vitamin E oil
- Rosemary essential oil
- Lavender oil
How to make a DIY eyelash growth serum?
Yes! We are getting closer to giving you the tips on preparing your DIY eyelash growth serum as you commence the journey of fuller and longer eyelashes and boost your self-confidence. Here’s the entire step-by-step:
- Clean your mascara tube and brush.
- Fill the mascara bottle with ½ tablespoon of castor oil,
- Add ½ tablespoon of vitamin E oil
- Add ½ tablespoon of top-quality refined coconut oil.
- Close the mascara bottle and shake gently
- Add three drops of lavender oil
- Add three drops of rosemary oil.
- Cover the bottle and shake to achieve a thorough mixture.
Do NOT dip your hand into the serum or apply the eyelash growth serum using your fingers. Instead, most preferably, ensure that you apply the serum using the mascara application wand.
What is the best way to apply your eyelash growth serum?
Applying your eyelash growth serum is best at night after your general skincare routine. This approach gets the best benefit, plus you wake up with much fuller and longer eyelashes.
Here are some essential tips for applying your DIY eyelash growth serum:
- Shake the mascara bottle containing the growth serum vigorously to ensure a uniform mixture.
- Dip your mascara wand into the growth serum and apply gently to your eyelash as you would for your mascara but sparingly
- Keep fingers or palms out of your face for a minimum of 4 hours to avoid messing with the applied serum and getting it into your eyeballs.
- Apply the eyelash growth serum only to clean, dry lashes
- Apply the serum only to the root of your lashes and not its length
- Apply serum daily until you’re satisfied with the lash length
- Take a picture of your lashes to evaluate the growth rate
- Apply a drop of coconut oil to the corner of your eye if the eyelash growth serum enters into your eyeball.
How long should you use the DIY eyelash growth serum to see results?
Do eyelash growth serums work - at all?
It typically takes three to four months of regular application routine to get the maximum result. Although this may vary from person to person depending on age, medical condition, or specific underlining illness, eyelash growth serum works gradually.
Most people fail to notice to see the change in their lashes after use for several weeks. It is therefore recommended to take a picture of lashes every week to evaluate the growth differences.
Having long and thick eyelashes is a dream of every girl since long lashes add a lot to the beauty of your eyes. However, growing eyelash is difficult since eyebrows only grow 0.25 inches every month.
Specific procedures, such as eyelash extensions, are associated with a higher risk of allergic reactions, infection, and more. Therefore, fashionistas are increasingly turning to DIY eyelash growth serums to get their dreams’ fuller and longer eyelashes.
I’m sure you’ll want to try some homemade recipes to grow your lashes and regain your confidence.