Are you also among those who stress even more when experiencing heavy hair fall? Yes, you are not alone. Many are facing hair loss and looking for methods to avoid baldness.
Men and women often lose their hair after their early twenties for different reasons. But that is not the end of the world; there is always a way out of any problem.
Have you ever heard about alopecia? It is a condition where the suffering individual faces hair loss or even baldness.
Many things like genes, some medications, an unhealthy diet, etc., can cause temporary hair loss and balding on your temples.
These 17 tips on how to avoid baldness will help you stop hair fall soon.
Although hair loss and baldness are haunting, they aren’t impossible to avoid.
Following the correct steps and tips can easily help you stop hair loss and regrow your hair by keeping your hair healthy. We hope you get some great tips from our guide to avoid baldness while thickening and strengthening your hair.
Grab suitable tips for your hair's texture and growth pattern to avoid mishaps. Just do not stress out because of the excessive hair loss. There is nothing you can’t handle.
Is baldness preventable?
Baldness is not necessarily a permanent condition; it can be slowed down and prevented if the right steps are taken. Genetically-caused baldness, or androgenic alopecia, is the most common form of baldness among both men and women.
While baldness caused by this condition is not preventable, some measures can be taken to slow down the effects of baldness.
17 best tips how to avoid baldness
Below are 17 tips to help you prevent baldness and keep your hair healthy. Keeping a balanced diet, avoiding certain medications, and managing stress levels are all important steps to take when looking to slow baldness.
Following these tips can help you avoid baldness and further hair loss:
1. Use Scandinavian Biolabs Hair Growth Routine
Scandinavian Biolabs Hair Growth Routine is a great way to prevent baldness and keep your hair healthy. It has been clinically proven to help reduce hair loss and improve hair growth, with significant results seen after just 150 days. This routine uses plant-based ingredients derived from stem cell technology to repair damaged hair follicles and encourage regrowth.
There are no risky side effects, making it a safe and natural way to reduce baldness and improve the overall state of your hair. With regular use, you can expect to see a significant increase in hair density and stronger strands of hair emerging after just a few months.
Not only is this routine highly effective, but it also promises results without the need for any harsh medications or drugs. This makes it an ideal choice for those looking for baldness prevention without any added risks.
So if you’re looking to reduce balding and restore your hair, give the Hair Growth Routine a try. It’s a safe and natural way to get the beautiful, healthy hair you deserve.
2. Handle your hair gently
Always be gentle when you brush or comb your hair daily. Try to use a wide-toothed comb to be less harsh with your hair when brushing it initially.
This will reduce hair pulling and allow it to relax, making it more prone to breakage. Also, ensure not to apply too much force because of tighter hairstyles using rubberbands, etc.
3. Wash your hair regularly
Taking care of your hair can be hard if you don't know the right steps to take. Keeping your scalp clean and healthy by washing your hair regularly can reduce the chances of hair fall.
A pro tip: try to use hair loss shampoos with fewer harsh chemicals, as they will avoid the dryness of the scalp, aiding in increased hair growth.
4. Refrain from brushing while wet hair
Your hair is most vulnerable when it is moist. Brushing damp hair must be avoided since it increases hair loss risk. If you cannot avoid combing wet hair, use a comb with very large teeth.
Sometimes, you can use your fingers to untangle tangles rather than a comb or brush. This tip can cut the likelihood of hair fall and breakage by half.
5. Use the ideal temperature to wash hair
Start with warm water, as it is always gentle on hair. By doing so, you'll encourage the pores to open up and be better able to get rid of any buildup or dirt.
When applying a shampoo, lower the shower's temperature to lukewarm water, and when using conditioner, to chilly water. In the end, rinse your hair with cold water to seal in the moisture.
Read this: Final Verdict: How Much Hair Is Normal To Lose In The Shower?
6. Use the correct cloth to dry your hair
The finest thing you can do for your hair is to invest in a microfiber towel. In comparison to using a conventional towel, it aids in soaking up the water and dries the hair more quickly and with little friction, guaranteeing that there is less hair fall.
7. Use coconut oil
Hair damage brought on by UV light exposure and grooming procedures may be lessened with the use of coconut oil. The lauric acid in coconut oil helps bind protein, which is an essential part of healthy hair.
This tip will keep hair from breaking at the root and along the strand. Applying coconut oil to the scalp may improve blood flow and aid hair regrowth.
8. Use appropriate conditioner
Conditioning your hair well after shampooing can work magic on it, leaving it smooth and manageable. Apply a small amount of good conditioner to the ends and middle of damp, not dripping, wet hair, paying special attention to the oldest, most damaged areas.
Over-conditioning can result from applying a conditioner to the scalp and roots. After a short period, wash it off.
9. Keep a sweat-free scalp
Summertime sweating causes dandruff in women with oily hair, and the likelihood of significant hair loss increases. You can avoid dandruff and keep your head cool by using medicated shampoos like biotin shampoo or DHT blocking shampoos.
Read this: The 9 Best, Unparalleled Shampoo For Fine Hair To Buy In 2023
Summertime hair loss in males who wear helmets can occur because sweat builds up in the pores and damages the hair roots. Therefore, by absorbing the sweat, placing a headband or scarf over your hair can help repair damaged hair naturally.
10. Avoid tying your hair during monsoon
Wet hair shouldn't be tied to prevent harm to the strands. In light of this, it is advised against tying your hair up during the monsoon. The hair is at its thinnest while wet; thus, serious hair loss may result if it is tied when it rains. Instead, if necessary, one can fasten the hair with a clip.
11. Consume a good diet
A study performed in 2018 proved that a healthy diet results in increased hair thickness. A Mediterranean diet, which includes raw vegetables and fresh herbs, can do a lot to help your hair and skin stay healthy.
Also, you can reduce the risk of androgenic alopecia, male pattern baldness, or female pattern baldness by following a Mediterranean diet.
12. Do not use harsh chemicals
To avoid harshness on your hair, always use products with mild chemicals. Your hair may be harmed by harsh chemicals and permanent hair colour products. It is advised not to colour your hair or get any chemical treatments when you are losing your hair.
Read this: 10 Easy Steps To Fix Extreme Bleach-Damaged Hair
13. Use onion juice
After applying raw onion juice to their scalps twice a day, those with alopecia areata may experience regrowth. Even though there is little information on this medication, a tiny study from 2014 found that the juice seemed to encourage growth in approximately 87% of participants.
Scientists hypothesize that the sulfur content of onions may be responsible for their capacity to promote hair growth.
14. Take supplements
Taking supplements may help to reduce baldness.
Supplements like biotin, collagen, zinc, omega-3 fatty acids and iron can help to improve hair growth and reduce baldness. Biotin, for example, helps to create keratin, the protein that makes up the hair structure, as well as boosts other nutrients essential for hair follicle health.
In addition, vitamins C and E are also important for healthy hair growth. The best way to ensure you are getting enough of these essential vitamins and minerals is to take supplements that are specially designed and tested to combat baldness like this Hair Nutrient Tablets.
15. Take medications
Medication can be an effective way of treating baldness and thinning hair, with both over-the-counter and prescription options available.
- Minoxidil, also known as Rogaine, is an over-the-counter drug that can help with male-pattern baldness and female-pattern hair loss when applied directly to the scalp daily. Minoxidil results takes 3 to 6 months.
- Finasteride, otherwise known as Propecia, is a prescription pill that may help slow baldness and promote new hair regrowth. But, finasteride needs to be taken for at least 12 months to see results.
As with most medications, there are side effects to consider before taking them, such as scalp irritation, acne, loss of libido, and erectile dysfunction.
Read more on their side effects:
- What Are The Minoxidil Side Effects, Sexually?
- Finasteride Side Effects After Stopping: PFS & What Are They?
- Are There Minoxidil Side Effects After Stopping?
16. Opt for medical treatments
Some medical treatments, such as laser therapy, platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy, and transplant surgery, are available to help with baldness.
- Low-level laser therapy: People who lose hair because of their genes or because of chemotherapy may be able to get more hair back with the help of low-level lasers. This option is also called "red light therapy," and it may work by stimulating the epidermal stem cells. Home laser devices are available on the market. And you might have to use the device often for it to work.
- Platelet-rich plasma (PRP): PRP injections encourage hair growth in regions affected by hair loss. After centrifuging, platelets are injected into the scalp. 11 individuals saw 30% greater growth in thinning areas following four sessions in a 2014 study.
- Hair transplant: During a hair transplant, healthy hair follicles are removed from balding areas and transplanted to an area with less baldness. A doctor will carefully evaluate an individual before recommending this method to minimize the risk of balding again. Hair transplant surgery can be costly and painful, so it is important to weigh the pros and cons before deciding if it’s right for you. You can also consider hair transplant alternatives.
17. Dermaroll your scalp
Dermarolling or microneedling for hair loss is no longer a strange thing to suggest when it comes to methods that can help prevent baldness.
Using an dermarolling tool will puncture tiny holes in your scalp, allowing hair growth serums, hair growth oils or hair loss shampoos to really absorb into your scalp.
There's another benefit - it improves blood flow to your scalp, which help with nutrient delivery.
Read our derma roller for hair guide to understand what size should you use, how should you use it safely and what material is suitable.
However, since it comes in contact with your blood, it's important to disinfect the tool and choose a derma roller that are designed well and built to last.
Can hair loss be reversed?
There are many causes of hair loss because the way it happens varies from person to person. Reversed hair loss depends entirely on the actual cause of the condition. It is better to take suggestions from your dermatologist about regrowth and follow proper hair loss treatment. If you go through the following conditions, you can expect to reverse your hair loss.
- If the reason for hair loss is certain medications, a person can regrow their hair after the reduction or stoppage of those medications.
- Postpartum hair loss can also be grown back easily within 3 months after the infant's birth.
- You can also reverse your hair loss if you are going through an autoimmune disorder known as alopecia areata. Once the treatment is done, you will experience your old healthy hair again.
- Hair loss brought on by cancer treatments like chemotherapy and radiation therapy may be reversible after the course of treatment.
- Stress may cause severe hair loss in some people for weeks or months. After a significant operation or illness, turn to a reliable source.