An average person loses 50–100 hairs every day, but they grow back. Baldness happens when the hair loss rate increases more than usual. Though hair loss is more common in men, it can also occur in women. According to studies, male pattern baldness affects two out of every three men.
Hair loss could be a manifestation of disease, stress, thyroid problems, a low-protein diet, or it may be the result of medications or chemotherapy for cancer.
Read this: 9 Effective Methods How To Regain Hair Loss From Stress
This may be due to hormonal changes or hereditary hair loss with ageing. For people troubled with extreme hair loss, we have listed hair loss shampoos that help prevent hair loss and get them back on track with their hair. Male pattern baldness affects the majority of men as they age. There’s nothing to be ashamed of. However, in the initial stages of hair loss, it is better to use products such as the hair loss shampoos listed below to help support your hair growth. In case the condition gets worse, the more suitable option is to consult a doctor for professional advice and care.
Male pattern baldness affects the majority of men as they age. There’s nothing to be ashamed of. However, in the initial stages of hair loss, it is better to use products such as the hair loss shampoos listed below to help support your hair growth. In case the condition gets worse, the more suitable option is to consult a doctor for professional advice and care.
Do hair loss shampoos work?
Well, the answer is yes and no, depending on their ingredients. Some shampoos make a difference. Others are promoted for marketing and profit. Though it’s not the primary defence against hair loss, it complements the effort.
The best way to stop hair loss and regrow hair is to treat the underlying cause, and shampoos help. They not only prevent any further hair loss but also nourish the follicles to promote hair growth.
Some shampoos do not help regrow your hair, but they work towards giving it more volume and the illusion of texture instead.
The workings of a hair loss shampoo depend on its ingredients. A good quality shampoo that contains all of the necessary elements will undoubtedly put you on the path to a healthy life with fine hair.
How we review?
Our shampoo reviewing process is based on three factors to ensure indepedence and objectivity:
- Scientific data and clinical results (if any)
- Support (from the brand)
9 best hair loss shampoos to get for men
If you notice minor shedding, there’s nothing to be worried about. If the case is otherwise, here’s a list of the best shampoos that promote a healthier scalp. Other than just cleaning your hair, the best shampoo can give you a fuller-looking head.
Bio-Pixilin®️ Hair Strength Shampoo
Bio-Pilixin®️ Hair Strength Shampoo is the perfect option for anyone looking to promote healthier hair. With its natural ingredients, this shampoo fights excess sebum to keep hair from getting greasy, gives the scalp the vitamins and nutrients it needs to stay healthy, and strengthens hair strands.
Every active ingredient was carefully chosen and tested by a third-party lab to ensure quality and performance. Plus, it's 100% vegan, naturally derived, and non-toxic.
— Edna Skopljak M.D.
- Capilia Longa
- Amino acid complex
- Strengthens hair strands
- Removes excess sebum oil
- Scalp moisturization
- Repair damaged hair naturally
- 150 days money-back guarantee for the routine
- Limited stock
Hims Thick Fix Shampoo
It’s a new yet powerful product designed for men facing hair shedding. This sulfate-free product makes the thinnest part of the hair feel thicker. One of its key ingredients is saw palmetto, which specifically works to block DHT and promotes the growth of hair follicles.
Apply the product to your hair, lather it up, and let it stay for 1 minute before rinsing it. The result is a shiny scalp full of hair.
- Disodium cocamphodiacetate
- Peg-120 methyl glucose dioleate
- Lauric acid
- Makes the hair look thicker
- Reduces hair loss
- Increases blood flow to the area on which it is applied
- Increases the density and growth of hairs
- A number of customers reported hair shedding
- Dryness may result as a side effect
PURA D'OR Professional Grade Biotin Shampoo
This biotin shampoo combines saw palmetto and pumpkin seed oil, specifically designed and clinically tested for men with hair loss. DHT are blocked by pumpkin seed oil andsaw palmetto while promoting hair growth.
It also has niacin, which counters dandruff and dryness. The biotin component promotes keratin production and repair damaged hair follicles, resulting in increased hair growth.
- Saw palmetto
- Pumpkin seed oil
- Vitamin E
- Results in reduced crown hair thinning
- Promote hair thickening and strengthening
- Increases the circulation of blood to the scalp
- Shiny effects on the scalp hairs beautify them.
- Itching may result as a result of excessive use.
- It will improve the overall appearance of the hair but will not help with hair growth.
Living Proof Full Shampoo
This is a lightweight and gentle shampoo that works for most people. It cleans your hair thoroughly without over-drying and gives you a much fuller scalp. Apart from cleaning, it also repairs damaged hair follicles to provide a suitable environment for hair growth. It does not affect the oil in the hair and works best for oily hair as well.
- Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate
- Hydrolyzed soy protein
- Decyl Glucoside
- Cocamidopropyl Betaine
- Spreading evenly across the scalp to treat root or scalp issues
- Remove residues of dirt and sweat.
- Improves the shine of hair
- It can sometimes result in hair loss.
- Excessive use may result in thinning of the hair.
Cristophe Robin Volume Shampoo Paste
This shampoo paste takes some time to get used to, but it’s worth the time and money. The paste is mixed with water to make foam. This foam is then applied to the strands. Pure Rassoul Clay gives deep cleaning results and removes residues and dust from your hair. This shampoo is powerful enough to keep your hair shiny and flat for 2-3 days.
- Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate
- Moroccan lava clay
- Cocamide Mea
- Hydrated Silica
- Citronellol extracts
- Its use results in fine hairs that look denser.
- It instantly boosts the lift.
- It results in the nourishment of hair roots.
- It results in excessive dryness.
- Hair fall may result as a side effect of it.
Nizoral Anti-dandruff Shampoo
Chronic dandruff is one of the many causes of excessive hair shedding. This anti-dandruff shampoo not only removes dandruff from your hair but also disrupts the action of DHT. It has ketoconazole - an antifungal medication that also blocks DHT.
To get maximum results, apply the product to your hair and let it sit for 2–3 minutes before rinsing. It is recommended to use it twice a week.
- Ketoconazole 1%
- Benzyl alcohol
- Citric acid
- Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose
- Sodium Cocoyl Sarcosinate
- Tetrasodium EDTA
- Prevents hair loss due to dandruff
- Prevents seborrheic dermatitis
- Inhibits fungal growth
- Scalp pustules
Bioxine B’IOTA Shampoo
This is an excellent option for people with oily hair. Maintaining the integrity of hairs also hydrates them. It is clinically proven to reduce hair loss in 90% of cases.
This hypoallergenic herbal product deeply cleans the scalp and prevents dandruff. This not only sustains hair loss but also stimulates new hair growth. It is recommended to use the product regularly for more resilient hair and to strengthen the hair follicles.
- Antioxidants such as kaempferol
- Multiple vitamins
- Linolic acid, citric acid
- Minerals such as zinc, magnesium, etc.
- Helps in the nourishment of the hair follicles
- Stimulates the growth of new hairs
- It has a pH value compatible with that of skin.
- It prevents allergies and irritations.
- An appropriate amount of shampoo is required because an overdose can cause rashes.
- Overuse may cause itchiness.
Blu Atlas Shampoo
This product is a mixture of natural ingredients that boost hair growth. There is no trace of synthetic chemicals that could damage your scalp. The major component of this shampoo is Jojoba protein, which assists hair growth. The vitamin components nourish hair follicles and fight against free radicals. This product moisturizes the scalp and provides soothing effects when applied.
- Jojoba protein
- Vitamins (A, C, D, and E)
- Aloe leaf
- It possesses supercharged vitamin C serum
- It has a perfect citrus-refreshing scent.
- Skin hydration is maintained.
- Excessive use may result in itchiness and dryness of the scalp.
- Overdoes have a rough appearance.
Re: Line Biotin Thickening Shampoo
This hair thickening product promotes hair growth by blocking DHT. It enhances the look of your hair. It increases blood circulation to the scalp and provides soothing effects as well. It keratinizes your hair and strengthens it to prevent hair breakage. It works equally well on dry and oily scalps. It nourishes the hair from root to tip and includes additional oils to help the growing hairs.
- Primrose oil
- Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) seed oil
- Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary) leaf oil
- It is free of harsh chemicals.
- Works best on dry hair.
- It is safe to use on colour-treated hair.
- Hydrates the scalp
- It can result in trouble sleeping.
- Skin rashes can result from excessive use.
What ingredients to look for in a hair loss shampoo for men?
Whatever the brand may be, it’s the ingredients that matter. If you are facing a receding hairline or excessive shedding of hair, you must never opt for anti-breakage shampoos that contain sulfur, caffeine, etc., as these can dehydrate your head and cause skin irritation. Two types of ingredients show anti-hair fall activity. These include DHT blockers and growth stimulators.
DHT, or dihydrotestosterone, is a hormone that is primarily responsible for male pattern baldness. It damages hair follicles and causes the hair to thin. DHT blockers mainly reduce your DHT levels and protect the follicles from boosting hair density. These include ketoconazole, salicylic acid, pythonic zinc, saw palmetto, etc.
After the DHT levels are under control, the next step is to stimulate the growth of follicles. These growth stimulators increase blood flow to the scalp and accelerate your hair growth cycle. These include biotin, niacin, pumpkin seed oil, rosemary oil, etc. Most of these are anti-inflammatory in action and also reduce irritation and free-radical damage to your scalp.
- The Only Guide You Need On Derma Roller For Hair Growth (2023)
- The Curly Girl Method UK: The Foolproof Guide To Perfect Curls
- How To Reverse Thinning Hair After Menopause?